What is an Aspect Ratio?
Aspect Ratio is the ratio of an image’s width to its height. The most common aspect ratio currently is 16:9. It is also referred to as “widescreen”. This is seen in most new TVs and projection screens. 4:3 is an older aspect ratio that was commonly used in CRT televisions.
Most AV Companies and Event Planners will request that all presenters format their presentation in 16:9.
Format your Presentation in PowerPoint
- Click on “Design” located on the top menu bar
- Click on “Slide Size” located on the top right hand corner of your screen
- Select “Widescreen (16:9)”
Format your Presentation in Keynote
After opening Keynote be sure 16:9 is selected on the top right corner of the “Choose a Theme” screen.
If keynote is already open:
- From the top menu click on “Document” in the top right corner
- Click “Change Theme”
- Use the drop down menu in the top right to change the aspect ratio